1 avocado pit, 1 sharp knife, 1 glass jar, 1 paper tissue, 1 plant pot, potting mix
- Remove the pit from the avocado and wash the remaining fruit off
- With a sharp knife, gently remove the brown skin off
- Wrap the avocado pit in a damp paper tissue and place it in a glass jar
- Put the glass in a warm place but out of direct sunlight
- Change the tissue for a new one (also damp) every 3-4 days
- Now be patient! You’ll see your pit starting to crack open in about 4-6 weeks, that’s the first sign of germination.
- Once the root has grown for about 3-4 cms and the plant has shown its first green sprouts, you’re ready for planting.
- Fill a plant pot with potting mix and gently place the avocado seed always keeping the top half above soil level
- Place your new plant in a warm, draft-free place with lots of indirect sunlight and let it grow!