At ROWSE we love natural oils because they form a shield in the skin against dehydration and external aggressions, bringing the vitamins needed to have a healthy skin. The oil extract of Rosa Canina, also known as Rosehip, is one of our favorite multi-fonction products, especially to help the skin handle the change in seasons from Winter to Spring.
This wonder oil originally comes from the Andes, where it was used by its local inhabitants to protect and repair the skin damaged by extreme weather conditions. Nowadays, Rosehip is particularly acclaimed for its nourishing and healing properties, and has gained the favors of celebrities such as Miranda Kerr, Victoria Beckham and Kate Middleton.
Harvested predominantly in Chile, Rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of rose hips (the fruit of the rose plant that you can only see once the rose has flowered and dropped its petals). It has many benefits for the skin:
1. Rich in Vitamin C and full of antioxidants, it helps brighten the skin an reduce the appearance of dark spots, scars or burns
2. With high concentrations of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, and K, it has ultra-regenerative properties allowing better healing. On a sunburn for example, it has an instantaneous healing effect
3. Vitamin A and essential fatty acids including omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 boost the production of collagen and elastin and stimulate the regeneration of cells, improving skin elasticity and reducing fine lines — making the Rosehip oil a must-have for mature skins
4. Also, its lovely orange color (that comes from beta-Carotene) brings the skin a sun-free summer glow
How to use Rosehip oil?
1. As a face oil, apply 2-3 drops gently onto damp skin night and/or morning or mix with your moisturizer
2. On a scar or sunburn, massage the damaged area with 3 drops of oil once a day for two weeks
3. For chapped lips, apply one drop of oil directly onto the lips every time they are feeling dry
4. For brittle nails and dry cuticules, rub 3-4 drops around cuticles before going to bed for one week
5. For dry scalp, dandruff or encouraging hair growth, apply 10 drops directly to the hair and leave for at least 60 minutes before washing your hair
6. During a long flight, don’t forget to pack your oil in your purse and apply it several times throughout the flight to keep your skin hydrated