Neroli or Orange blossom, is an extract that derives from the blossoms of the bitter orange tree originating in tropical regions in Asia and East Africa. Legend has it that Neroli took its name by the, the Princess of Neroli in Italy.
By the end of the 17th century, she introduced the essence of the bitter orange tree by using it to scent her bath. It has been widely used in perfumery since the days of old Egypt because of its sweet citrus-floral aroma.
Aromatherapists use Neroli to promote feelings of happiness and relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety. In skin care, it can act as a gentle yet effective astringent for both skin and hair.
What can Neroli water do for skin & overall health?
Neroli is ideal for all skin types and very gentle on the sensitive ones.
1. Improves and maintains skin’s elasticity
2. Its regenerative properties reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
3. Heals small cuts and shrinks stretch marks
4. Moisturises and refreshes while leaving the skin delicately scented
5. Controls the oil production of the skin
6. Its anti-bacterial qualities, treats inflammations and soothes irritated, acne-prone skin
How to use it?
1. Moisturiser: First place your moisturiser on your palm, spray some Neroli floral water, mix and apply onto your face.
2. Body Mist: Spritz all over your body and face after having a shower for a refreshing aroma and skin toning benefit
3. Make up remover: Spray a small amount of Neroli floral water on an organic cotton pad and gently remove your makeup
4. Hair: Add 1 part Neroli floral water to three parts water. Make it your last hair rinse, or simply add it to your conditioner