Since prehistoric times, clays were used for therapeutic purposes such as treating skin problems and reducing digestive disorders.
Today they are utilized in a variety of different applications involving agriculture, construction, the manufacturing of ceramics, paint, rubber and paper. French Green Clay, often called Illite Clay or Sea Clay is a mineral originated from Montmorillon in France.
The clay’s green color comes from a combination of iron oxides and decomposed plant matter, mostly seaweed and algae.
What can Green Clay do for skin & overall health?
Green Clay has high absorbent properties and is ideal for oily, combination and acne-prone skin.
It consists of decomposed plant matter and trace minerals such as calcium, aluminum, magnesium, silica, phosphorous, copper and zinc that benefit the body both internally and externally.
1. Treats digestive disorders and nausea
2. Soothes joint inflammations and relieves muscle soreness
3. Due to its healing properties, it treats wounds, cuts and bruises
4. Absorbs the excess oil that clogs the pores, tightens them and makes your skin feel firmer
5. Removes impurities from the pores such as bacteria that could cause infection
6. Treats irritated skin, reduces inflammation and eczema
7. Promotes blood circulation and stimulates the regeneration of skin cells
How to use it?
1.Face mask: Mix 1 tablespoon of French Green Clay powder with 2 tablespoons of water to create a smooth paste, then apply to face and neck and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and follow with your normal moisturizer
2. Mineral bath: Dissolve 1/2 cup of French Green Clay in a tub with warm water to relieve irritated or sunburned skin or relieve muscle pains.
3. Hair mask (for oily scalp): Mix 4 tablespoon of French Green Clay with water to form a smooth paste. Massage it into your scalp for a few minutes and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and wash your hair with your regular shampoo